Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Sit yo five dollah ass down before I make change!"

Oh well here we are again. You. And me. Together. Simultaneously. At the same time. Ahem. Awkward turtle.

Well back to the important news at hand. Festival. Thats right kids, its one hell of a Messtival of Festival!! Please do try to contain your enthusiasm. I'm competing in the Irene Ryan acting competition with my amigo Chris O'Reilly after months and months of working on just two scenes and a monologue ad nauseum. I'm not really even all that interested in winning the damn thing I'd just be perfectly happy to move on to the next round or make it to the finals. Anytime I've done the Irene Ryans I'm always struck by a giant "who gives a shit" mood. Acting competitions? Really? Who cares? Its not a goddamn competition. No one can settle on who the best actor is (settle down Marlon Brando fans) because its all so subjective anyway. Oh well I'll have fun either way I just felt like filling up my "yelling at stuff" quota.

Its currently snowing outside. Yay. More snow. Aren't there like starving eskimos right now who don't have any snow because we're taking it all from them? Poor poor eskimos.

Stay tuned for the exciting (and hopefully better written and more coherent) conclusion of the Kennedy Center Theatre Festival 2011! We shall either return as champions or retreat as chumps! Tally ho!!

1 comment:

  1. subjective bullshit is still bullshit. i feel like i've said that before. . . you were absolutely marvelous in the irene ryans. . . although you're no marlon brando.

    and yes, i'm a fan.

    watch out for pandas.

    ReplyDelete